- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 strips orange zest
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2 chunks
- 1 pound beef chuck in one piece
- 3 pieces sweet Italian sausage
- 3 pieces hot Italian sausage
- In a 4 to 7 quart slow cooker stir together crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato paste, onion, garlic, salt, rosemary, and orange zest.
- Add pork, beef, and sausages, stirring to coat. Cook on low for 7 hours until pork is meltingly tender and falling apart. To serve, slice sausages and spoon sauce over hot spaghetti or linguine.