adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Slow Cooker Revolution
1 pound of uncooked pasta
2 cans of evaporated milk
2 cans of condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded jack cheese
1 teaspoon of salt, plus salt and pepper to taste
2 1/2 cups of hot water, plus 1/2 cup of hot water to add before serving
Spray insert with non stick cooking spray.
Add milk, soup, hot water and salt to crock pot insert and stir together. Heat soup mixture in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Slowly add both shredded cheeses to soup mixture and whisk until melted. Add uncooked pasta and mix well.
Cook on low for about 2 1/2 hours. Mac and cheese will be thick, so add 1/2 of a cup of very hot water after cooking and stir together to smooth out the sauce.
Slow Cooked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1- 16 ounce package elbow macaroni, shells, or twists
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients with cooked pasta and stir well.
- Place in a greased slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!