6 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups hot espresso coffee
1 cup coffee liqueur or brandy
2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1. Stir together eggs, granulated sugar and salt in heavy Dutch oven. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly, just until mixture coats a metal spoon; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. OR, warm up store bought egg nog
2. Stir together coffee and liqueur. Gradually stir coffee mixture into egg mixture; keep warm.
3. Just before serving, beat whipping cream and brown sugar in chilled large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Gently stir 2 cups of the whipped cream into egg mixture.
4. Pour into mugs. Top with dollops of remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately. Immediately refrigerate any remaining nog.
Buttered Rum Spiced Cider
6 cups apple cider
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cinnamon sticks
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3/4 cup rum
1. Heat cider, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Strain cider mixture to remove cloves and cinnamon sticks if desired.
2. For each serving, place 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 tablespoons rum in mug. Fill with hot cider.
Italian Egg Nog Martini
1 oz Disaronno
1 oz vodka (pick your favorite brand)
2 oz store bought eggnog
Candy cane and cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
1. Coat the inside of a small plate with caramel syrup, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim of a martini glass in the mixture and spin back and forth and all around until the whole rim is coated. Place the glass in the freezer.
2. In a shaker with ice, add the eggnog, vodka and Disaronno. Shake for a minute. Remove glass from freezer. Place one maraschino cherry in the bottom of the glass.
3. Pour mix from shaker into glass and sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with a candy cane and a cinnamon stick.
QUICK Rich and Creamy Egg Nog
4 cups milk
1 (3.4-oz.) pkg. vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 (8-oz.) carton (1 cup) refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon rum extract or 1/4 cup light rum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Whipped cream, if desired
Nutmeg, if desired
1. In large bowl, combine 2 cups of the milk and pudding mix; beat 1 minute or until smooth. Add remaining 2 cups milk, egg product, vanilla, rum extract, salt and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg; beat well. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.