* 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
* 1 pouch SHAKE ‘N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix (can substitute 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs if you like)
* 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese
* 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
* 2 TBSP soy sauce
* 2 TBSP worcestershire sauce
* 1-1/2 cups water
* 2 cups instant rice, uncooked (I’ve used white or brown with success)
1. Mix meat, Shake & Bake mix, carrots and cheese. Shape evenly into 16 balls.
2. Add a little olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and cook meatballs on medium-high heat 8 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally.
3. Put dressing, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, water and rice in a bowl and mix well. Add mixture to the skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 1 min. Cover.
4. Remove from heat; let stand 5 min. or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.