* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup Medium Taco Sauce
* 4 ozs. Diced Green Chiles
* 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
* 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix – Regular
* 1 package (4.5 oz) Taco Shells (12 ct), broken
* 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
* 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
* 1/8 cup sliced green onions (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COOK beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain. Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
LAYER half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish. Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.