|1 cup||long grain rice|
|2 cups||water or beef broth|
|3||green onions, sliced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced or pressed|
|2 tablespoons||teriyaki sauce|
|1 tablespoon||brown sugar|
|Watercress or parsley, for garnish, optional|
|Green onion, slice optional|
1. Heat water or broth to a boil. Add salt and rice.
2. Bring to a boil again. Cover pan with lid.
3. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is almost cooked.
4. Add onions, garlic, teriyaki sauce and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
5. Reheat for a few minutes until green onions are soft but not mushy.
6. Serve rice on a bed of watercress or parsley. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.