2 cups uncooked elbow mac (7 oz)
1/4 c butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
2 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Cook & drain mac as directed on package
3. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, & Worc sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth & bubly. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil & stir 1 minute, remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
4. Gently stir mac into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
5. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I usually use shells. I put a jar of cheese sauce, usually cheddar in first. Then I add a can of evaporated milk. Next the cooked shells. I then add shredded cheese. I always change the variety. Mozzarella and cheddar work really well. I use about a bag of it. I then add some parmesan cheese and mix it. I add some breadcrumbs and garlic powder, (to taste) mix again and set on low. Delicious!
2 1/4 cups elbow macaroni
1 cup fat free milk
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat monterey jack cheese
1/3 cup shredded american cheese
1/3 cup shredded part skim mozzerella cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and return to the pot.
2. Add milk, cheddar, monterey jack, american, mozzerella and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until cheeses melt or 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, reserved cheeses, little salt, pepper, garlic and 2 tsp of butter. when mixed, pour over top of casserole and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly and yummy.